Vegetarian Bean, Chipotle, and Corn Chili
This hearty vegetarian chili is versatile; use any kind of bean or salsa. It's also great with cornbread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add the chili powder, onion, and carrots. Sauté until the onions are transparent. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Stir in the kidney beans, salsa, corn, broth, salt, and black pepper. Bring to temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve hot.