Resembling the old-time kid’s favorite, Pigs-in-Blankets (hot dogs wrapped in dough and baked), these “dogs” are delicious with a side of hot vegetarian baked beans, sauerkraut, and plenty of relish and mustard.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 soy “hot dogs”
- 1 package (16.3 oz.) jumbo buttermilk refrigerator biscuits
- 1 package (7.3 oz.) package soy cheese slices
- 8 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat the skillet over medium heat. Pan-grill the hot dogs until they start to brown all over. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out 1 slice of biscuit dough to about 5" round. Place 1 slice of cheese on top and put 1 “hot dog” and 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce on the cheese. Roll the dough around the “hot dog” filling and place this, seam side down, on the nonstick baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until the dough turns golden. Remove from the oven, cool slightly, and serve.