Nutrient-rich beans take the place of ground beef in this chili recipe. As always, how much chili powder to use is a matter of personal taste—feel free to add more if desired.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- ¾ cup canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 cup canned red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1½ cups canned whole tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add the bell pepper and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the corn, kidney beans, black beans, whole tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings, and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Serve hot.