Vegetarian Coconut Curry
Looking for an easy one-pot dinner? Try this slow cooker coconut curry. It’s filled with incredible Indian flavors and spices, like coconut milk and curry powder.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup chopped parsnips
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. butternut squash, chopped (about 2 cups)
- ½ lb. chopped sweet potato (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup quartered Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1¼ cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Place parsnips, onion, squash, sweet potato, and Brussels sprouts in a 4–6-quart slow cooker. Add rice, broth, coconut milk, brown sugar, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture to combine.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until rice is fully cooked and vegetables are soft. For the best results, stir the mixture halfway through the cooking so the rice cooks evenly.