Vegetarian Curly Endive and Tofu Salad
Hearty enough to be a main dish but simple enough to serve as a side, this flavorful salad combines curly endive and perfectly marinated tofu.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup + 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 2 tsp. brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated, divided
- 14 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into ¼” thick slices
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch curly endive, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine ¼ cup soy sauce, ½ tablespoon sesame oil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ginger and tofu. Let marinate at least 15 minutes.
- On prepared baking sheet, spread marinated tofu in single layer. Drizzle remaining marinade over. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- In small bowl, combine lime juice, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, olive oil, garlic and 1 teaspoon ginger. Set aside.
- In serving bowl, toss together curly endive, cucumber, radishes, edamame, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and cooked tofu. Drizzle with dressing.