Vegetarian “Egg” Scramble
Most of the preparation time for this vegetarian version of scrambled eggs comes from draining the tofu. If you drain the tofu ahead of time (storing it in the refrigerator), this easy dish can be ready in under 10 minutes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. bottled minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk
- Drain the tofu and cut into ½" cubes. Place the cubes in a bowl and use your fingers to crumble and break them up until the tofu has the texture of scrambled egg.
- Stir in the turmeric, dried dill, garlic powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, minced ginger, and minced onion.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crumbled tofu. Cook, stirring the tofu continually, for about 2 minutes, then stir in the milk.
- Continue stirring until the tofu has a light, fluffy texture.