Vegetarian Fried Rice
Although egg is frequently added to fried rice dishes, it’s not necessary. If you do not have a large skillet, remove the vegetables before stir-frying the rice and add them back in at the end.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1½ Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced ginger and onion. Cook, stirring, for about 2–3 minutes, or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the peas and stir-fry for another minute. Move the vegetables to the edge of the skillet and add the rice to the middle. Heat through, stirring frequently to break up any clumps in the rice.
- Stir in the soy sauce, lemon juice and scallions. Stir for a couple more minutes to heat through. Serve hot.