Vegetarian Fried Rice with Tofu
Using pre-mixed frozen vegetables keeps preparation easy and adds lots of nutritious flavor to this filling fried rice dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 container (8 oz.) extra firm tofu, drained on paper towels and cut into ¼” cubes
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Kroger Brand Meal-Ready Sides Peas & Carrots
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange tofu on baking sheet; bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden brown and firm to touch.
- In medium bowl, combine tamari, peanut butter, brown sugar, garlic and chili garlic sauce. Once tofu is done baking, add directly to sauce; let marinate 5 minutes.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook tofu 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Stir in peas and carrots, brown rice and remaining sauce; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with green onions.