Vegetarian Green Chili
One of America's favorites, chili is a comforting dish fit for any occasion. Now you can enjoy it meat-free!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 chili powder (or more)
- 1 1⁄2 cans (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Cumin, or even a bit more
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Fat Free Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Measure the olive oil into a large pot. Sauté the onions and garlic until soft. Add the chili powder and cook a minute or so longer, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, chilies, potatoes, cumin, and chopped cilantro to the onion mixture. Stir well.
- Add the broth and bring to an initial boil; then simmer until the potatoes are tender—30 to 40 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese.