Vegetarian Pesto Pasta Casserole
Warm pasta is loaded with pesto, fresh veggies, chickpeas and cheese, then cooked in a casserole dish for a well-rounded vegetarian meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces Kroger® Salad Rotini Pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 cup tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 container (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 jar (6 oz.) basil pesto
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain. Place back into pot.
- Toss in broccoli, tomatoes, olives, chickpeas, mozzarella and pesto. Transfer mixture to 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over top; bake 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve with fresh parsley.