Vegetarian Quinoa & Bean Chili
This hearty chili is delicious and filling. Serve warm with toppings like diced avocado, cheese or crushed tortilla chips.
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic® Sweet Corn, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic® Oregano Leaves
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic® Vegetable Broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can Simple Truth Organic® Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic® Quinoa
- 1 (15 oz.) can Simple Truth Organic® Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice
- 1 (15 oz.) cans Simple Truth Organic® Red Kidney Beans, drained
- In a medium pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for about seven minutes.
- Add garlic, pepper, corn, chili powder, cocoa, cinnamon, oregano and salt and sauté for another minute. Add quinoa, broth, tomatoes with juice and beans.
- Bring to a full boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer (covered) for an hour.