Vegetarian Rice Pilaf
This side dish is perfect served alongside chicken, pork, or beef.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In heavy saucepan, combine olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover saucepan, and cook 15–20 minutes or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed. Remove from heat; add butter and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff pilaf with fork and serve.