Vegetarian Slow Cooker Bourbon Baked Beans
Serve these at your next cookout with grilled tempeh or tofu.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cans (15 oz.) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt, if needed.