Vegetarian Slow Cooker Cuban Black Beans
Cuban-style black beans are delicious with white rice and sliced avocado.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. dried black beans, soaked overnight in water
- Water, as needed
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- Drain and rinse soaked beans, discarding water. Place beans and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan and boil on high for 10 minutes. Drain and discard water.
- Into a 2-quart slow cooker, place beans, vinegar, onion, green bell pepper, garlic, jalapeño, oregano, cumin, and salt, stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6–8 hours, or until beans are tender. Stir before serving.