Vegetarian Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
This is a vegetarian version of an old classic.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups dried green split peas
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients; cook over low heat for 6–8 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf. Use an immersion blender to puree about half of the soup, leaving the rest chunky. Stir together and serve.