This clean vegetarian spin on the traditional beef stroganoff packs all the delicious flavors without the poor ingredients that pack fat, calories, sodium, and preservatives into the dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 packages (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 container (12 oz.) nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 16 oz. 100% whole-wheat noodles, cooked
- 2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Prepare a large skillet with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Sauté tofu crumbles and onion in the olive oil for 7 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the mushrooms, garlic powder, and soy sauce, and combine well. Stir in the cottage cheese and Greek-style yogurt, until the ingredients form a thick sauce. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked noodles, tofu mixture, and pepper. Blend well. Serve immediately.