Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
Few appetizers are as popular and easy to make as stuffed mushrooms, and they make a delicious meat alternative!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, caps 1 1⁄2 inch across
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Turn on oven broiler. Clean the mushrooms and gently pull the stem from each cap, setting the caps aside. Chop the mushroom stems and set aside. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes, until translucent. Add mushroom stems, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, thyme; cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in cream, grated cheese, and parsley.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the mushroom mixture. Place the filled mushrooms on a baking sheet and put under the preheated oven broiler for 5 to 7 minutes, until the tops are browned and the caps have softened and become juicy. Serve hot or warm.