Vegetarian Stuffed Squash
Packed with plant-based grinds, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, rice and quinoa, this stuffed squash is loaded with delicious flavor.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 55 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (1 lb.) Simple Truth™ Emerge Plant-Based Grinds
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can (6.5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Mushrooms Stems & Pieces, drained
- 1 package (8.8 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ 90 Second Garlic Flavored 100% Whole Grain Brown
- Rice & Quinoa, prepared according to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Simple Truth Organic™ Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil.
- Halve squash and remove seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake cut-side down 45 minutes.
- During last 15 minutes of baking, begin preparing the stuffing mixture. In large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add plant-based grinds; cook 4 minutes.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and mushrooms. Lower heat to medium; continue cooking 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in prepared brown rice and quinoa mixture.
- In small bowl, combine Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Once finished baking, use tongs to carefully flip squash. Leave oven at 425°F. Use fork to scrape squash flesh, which will create spaghetti strands. Top squash strands with grinds and rice mixture. (Depending on the size of your squash, you could have extra filling. We recommend mixing it with eggs for a satisfying omelet the next morning.) Top with cheese and return to oven 10 minutes.
- Slice each squash half into thirds. Garnish with parsley. Refrigerate any leftovers.