For vegetarians, this version of taco filling is rich and satisfying. You could use other types of beans; chick peas and red beans would be delicious.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- ½ tsp. oregano leaves
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 8 crisp corn taco shells
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Add black beans, corn, oregano, pepper, and chili powder; cook and stir until hot. Remove from heat.
- Heat taco shells as directed on package. Fill shells with lettuce, black bean mixture, tomatoes, and cheese.