Vegetarian Twice Baked Harvest Potatoes
Twice-baked potatoes are the best of mashed potatoes and baked potatoes combined – a creamy filling in a crisp jacket!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 8 hours 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutes
- 4 russet potatoes, pricked with fork
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rub potatoes with oil; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt. Wrap each potato individually in aluminum foil. Arrange potatoes in 5-quart or larger slow cooker; cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours, or on high 4 to 5 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- Unwrap potatoes. Cut each in half lengthwise; scoop out flesh, leaving about ¼” behind.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In bowl, mash together potatoes, pumpkin, cheese, butter, cream, chives, cinnamon, pepper and remaining salt.
- Spoon potato mixture into potato skins. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until tops are start to brown along edges.