Elegant, classic French soups like this make the right first course for a formal occasion. Serve chilled or warm, and make sure to use the prettiest leek pieces, cut very precisely, for the garnish.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups chopped leeks
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 bunch of scallions, cut into ¼" pieces
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat butter. Add leeks; cook, stirring until tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in potato slices and broth; bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes , or until potatoes are soft.
- Purée with salt until smooth. Garnish with scallions and black pepper.