This vibrant vegetarian burger option combines a variety of vegetables that add intense flavor and crunchy texture to every delightful bite . . . without the preservatives and additives of the boxed versions!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 slices sprouted grain bread
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 lb. chickpeas, soaked and drained
- ½ red pepper, minced
- ½ green pepper, minced
- ½ zucchini, minced
- ¼ cup black or green olives, minced
- ½ red onion, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a food processor, reduce bread slices to crumbs with the garlic and onion powders, and move to a large mixing bowl.
- Process the chickpeas, red pepper, green pepper, zucchini, olives, and onion until finely minced, and add to bread crumbs.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, and blend well. Form into 4 even patties and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Prepare a skillet over medium heat with olive oil spray, and place the patties into the skillet. Cook for 4–6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and slightly crispy.