Veggie Cheese Frittata
For a vegan version, try this recipe with coconut milk and Daiya Cheddar shreds.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped orange, red, or green bell peppers
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup thinly sliced zucchini or chopped asparagus
- 1 Tbsp. chopped basil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Place the peppers, onions, tomatoes, and zucchini in the skillet and sauté until they start to soften, 5–10 minutes. Add the basil, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for 3–4 minutes or until the veggies are just beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, with a handheld blender, thoroughly combine the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Turn on the broiler.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 3 minutes or until the vegetable portion is set and the top is still mostly wet.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven under the broiler and cook about 4 minutes until the top portion is set. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and broil for another 1 or 2 minutes until melted. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.