Veggie Cheese Frittata
For a vegan version, try this recipe with coconut milk and Daiya Cheddar shreds.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped orange, red, or green bell peppers
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced zucchini or chopped asparagus
- 1 Tbsp. chopped basil
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Place the peppers, onions, tomatoes, and zucchini in the skillet and sauté until they start to soften, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the basil, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for 3–4 minutes or until the veggies are just beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, with a handheld blender, thoroughly combine the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Turn on the broiler.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 3 minutes or until the vegetable portion is set and the top is still mostly wet.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven under the broiler and cook about 4 minutes until the top portion is set. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and broil for another 1 or 2 minutes until melted. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.