Versatile and adaptable to whichever veggies are in season, this wholesome dish starts the day with a bang, and it makes a good light supper, too. It’s easy to increase quantities to feed larger groups.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 zucchini or yellow summer squash, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat oil in an 8- or 9-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and sauté for about 3 minutes or until the cubes begin to brown.
- Add the asparagus, zucchini, garlic, salt, and smoked paprika and cover the skillet, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs until foamy. Stir in the cheese and parsley and pour over the vegetables.
- Using a spatula, lift up the edges of the eggs and tip the skillet to all sides, allowing the uncooked eggs to flow underneath the vegetables and to cook. When the eggs are almost firm, slide the skillet under the broiler and cook until the top is bubbly and brown. Cheese should be melted and runny.
- Serve hot, sliced in wedges.