Veggie Lover Omelet
Reduce this recipe depending on how many omelets you want to make. Remember, the more veggies you can squeeze into this omelet, the better!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium zucchini, diced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 egg whites, whisked
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion and red pepper in olive oil over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, then add zucchini. After 10 minutes, add tomatoes, cover, and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat pan over medium heat, pour ¼ of egg whites into pan and cook 3–4 minutes. Add ¼ of vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese, then fold egg in half and continue to cook another 2–4 minutes.
- Repeat step 2 to make 4 omelets.