With layers of veggie-loaded tomato sauce, noodles and two different cheeses, this Italian masterpiece is a palate pleaser for diners of all ages. OptUP Score: 79
Prep: 40 minutesCook: 1 hour 20 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (2-count) Simple Truth Organic™ Mixed Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 package (5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spinach
- 1 jar (25 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tub (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Simple Truth™ Eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- Simple Truth Organic™ Basil, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 9”x13” casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add peppers, onion and zucchini; sauté 5 minutes.
- One handful at a time, add spinach, stirring well after each addition. Cook until spinach has wilted. Lower heat to medium; pour in marinara sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking 7 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- To begin layering lasagna, spread about 1½ cups marinara sauce mixture on bottom of prepared casserole dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping slightly. Over noodles, spread 1 cup ricotta mixture followed by 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers. Finish with 4 noodles and remaining sauce. Top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Coat one side of a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray; cover casserole dish, sprayed-side down. Bake 50 minutes.
- Uncover; continue cooking 10 minutes, until cheese is golden brown. Let sit 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil, if using. Refrigerate any leftovers.