Most supermarkets now stock flour tortillas in several flavors, and this gives you a chance to use healthier whole wheat or multigrain options. You might even try out a flavored tortilla for a change of pace.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 multigrain tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray it lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 tortilla on a flat surface and sprinkle it with 1⁄2 cup cheese. Put about 1⁄3 cup diced peppers and 2 tablespoons salsa on half of the tortilla and fold it over to close. Place the tortilla onto the griddle and heat until the first side turns golden and the cheese melts. Flip over to cook the second side.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, spraying with nonstick cooking spray as needed and not letting the griddle overheat. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve hot.