Mushrooms are a good source of the antioxidant mineral selenium, which may offer some protection from prostate cancer. If you use carrots in this recipe, be sure to cut them thinly to ensure that they are tender after the short cooking time.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. minced gingerroot
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a wok or large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and ginger; sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add vegetables and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water, coconut aminos, and cilantro. Let simmer for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring lightly. Serve warm.