Brimming with vegetarian beauty, these morsels of goodness provide the amazing flavors of vegetables combined with the rich creaminess of cottage cheese and goat cheese.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseed
- 8 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 package (12 oz.) large pasta shells
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-by-9-inch dish with olive oil spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion, red pepper, broccoli, zucchini, and chopped garlic until slightly softened but still crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sautéed vegetables, spinach, cottage cheese, ground flaxseed, and goat cheese until thoroughly combined. Add garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Place the shells into the prepared dish, seam-side up, and stuff each shell full of the sautéed vegetable mixture.
- Cover the dish, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove cover, and continue to bake for 10–15 minutes, or until shells are firm and stuffing is bubbly.