You could add just about any vegetable to this delicious recipe—for instance, use chopped yellow squash, zucchini, seeded and chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, or broccoli.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 2 cups black beans
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups taco sauce, divided
- 12 crisp taco shells
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat vegetable oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until tender. Add bell peppers, jalapeño peppers, black beans, and salt; cook and stir for 4–5 minutes until mixture is hot. Add 1 cup taco sauce; simmer for 4 minutes.
- Heat taco shells in oven as directed on package. Let guests assemble their own tacos using bell pepper mixture, Cheddar cheese, remaining taco sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and guacamole.