Veggie Tamale Pie
Packed with hearty beans and vegetables, this filling tamale pie is easy to throw together and perfect for your next gathering or family dinner.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) Chili Hot Beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8.5 oz. corn muffin mix
- 1 cup Super Sweet Whole Kernel Golden Corn, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In 12” cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion, zucchini, bell peppers and salt 5 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chili beans; reduce to simmer. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Remove from heat. Smooth into even layer; top with shredded cheese.
- In large bowl, stir together corn muffin mix, corn, egg and milk. Spoon batter over vegetable mixture.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted into cornbread topping comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes.