Versatile Grilled Onions
Grilled onions are very sweet and excellent on hamburgers or as a side dish with almost anything.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large Vidalia or Bermuda onions, peeled and sliced ½" thick
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Tread the onions onto metal skewers so they’ll hold together and lay flat on the grill. Sprinkle onions with the salt and pepper.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small saucepan and warm until the butter melts.
- Set the grill to medium, or place rack 6" over coals.
- Paint the onions with the sauce and grill for 3 minutes. Then turn and grill for 3 minutes more, until onions are golden brown.