Ratatouille is simply a rich and hearty vegetable stew. You can use any of your favorite veggies in this easy recipe. The colors, flavors, and textures in this dish really highlight produce, whether you’re making it in the summer or winter.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped and seeded tomatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add eggplant; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until eggplant is almost soft.
- Add bell pepper and zucchini. Cook and stir for another 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 9 minutes or until everything is blended.