Very Cherry Muffins
Thawed frozen cherries make it easy to snack on these fruit-filled muffins any time of the year.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Sugar In The Raw®, for topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease and flour 15 muffin cups or line with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, add salt, baking powder, flour and sugar; mix. Add cherries and stir gently.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, almond extract, milk, sour cream and melted butter until blended.
- Add into the dry mixture.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle tops with raw sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.