Very Veggie Omelet
Vary this recipe by chopping up any vegetable you like and adding it or substituting it for the peppers.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
1cup chopped red bell peppers
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Beat the egg whites and egg in a small bowl. Mix in the salt.
- Mix the vegetables together in a small bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet on low heat. Pour the egg mixture in to coat the surface. Cook until edges show firmness.
- Add the vegetable mixture so that it covers the entire egg mixture evenly. Fold one side over the other.
- Flip the half-moon omelet so both sides are evenly cooked.