Very Veggie Panzanella
Panzanella is a traditional Tuscan salad made with bread and tomatoes. In this version, sweet tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, and tangy scallions combined with nutty bread create an incredibly lovely and simple salad that will leave everyone satisfied. Adding cooked lentils gives the salad a little peppery bite, too.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups cubed rustic wheat bread with seeds and nuts
- ¼ cup cooked lentils
- ¼ cup arugula
- 2 cups cherry tomato halves
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.