Save to My Recipes
This velvety chilled potato-leek soup is puréed, but if served hot it can be left chunky.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 40 minutes
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 leek (white part only), diced and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Boil potatoes and leeks in water until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Purée leek, onion, and water mixture in blender; add cream, salt, and pepper, and blend well.
- Chill thoroughly before serving. To serve, thin out with more cream if necessary and garnish with chopped chives.