Vietnamese Cabbage Salad
This salad is similar to vinegar-based coleslaw with a spicy kick from a serrano pepper. If you don’t like it spicy, you can omit the pepper entirely.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 lb. coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Combine serrano pepper, garlic, sugar, salt, and fish sauce in a large bowl. Whisk in vinegar, then add cabbage, carrots, and cilantro and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.