Vietnamese Chili Garlic Sauce
This Vietnamese condiment is great stirred into noodle soups, served on meats, used as a dipping sauce for egg rolls, or stirred into any sauce that you would like to be spicier. It will keep in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for at least 1 month.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. red chili peppers, seeded
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth. Add 1–2 tablespoons of water if necessary.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Once it is heated, pour the mixture into the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. It should lose its raw smell and develop a richer smell. Transfer to an airtight jar.