Vietnamese Cucumber Soup
This is a simple and satisfying soup, easily prepared and ready in under 3 hours.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 quarts water
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 6 Tbsp. fish sauce, divided
- 1⁄8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 large cucumbers peeled, halved, de-seeded, and sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 small leek, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- Get the water simmering in a large pot.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat with 2 tablespoons fish sauce. Add the pepper, and mix thoroughly. Make small meatballs out of the meat mixture and then transfer into boiling water, along with the cucumber slices. Cook for 15 minutes, and be sure to remove any foam and discard.
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Add the yellow pepper, leek, and remaining fish sauce. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir in dill before serving.