Vietnamese Egg Drop Soup with a Twist
This fusion recipe takes a classic Asian style of preparing soup and adds Italian ingredients for a hearty and filling dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed, peeled, and finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp. sliced scallion
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and the diced tomato, stirring. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the zucchini.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the lime leaf, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the beaten eggs. Top with scallions and serve.