Vietnamese Grilled Steak with Noodles
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1 lb. capellini pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 scallions, cut on the bias into 1-inch pieces
- 1 flank steak (1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, crushed red pepper, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and anchovy paste until well blended and smooth.
- Place pasta in a large bowl, add the vinegar mixture, and toss well.
- Preheat broiler.
- Season the steak with pepper and remaining salt. Broil 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until done as desired. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with bean sprouts, bell pepper, and scallions.
- To serve, divide the noodles among 4 bowls. Top with steak mixture.