Vietnamese Marinated Grilled Chicken
This grilled chicken recipe is incredibly versatile. You can use the grilled chicken as the filling for sandwiches, as a topping for salads, or simply serve it with fresh cooked rice or cold rice noodles.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (6 oz. each)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 Tbsp. sliced scallions
- 1 small lime, cut in wedges
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and let stand for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill chicken 5 minutes per side. The internal temperature should reach 160°F. Serve hot with rice, scallions, and lime wedges.