Vietnamese Shaking Beef
This beloved Vietnamese dish is named after the “shaking” motion used to move the beef around the wok while it cooks. Serve it with jasmine rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. filet mignon or rib eye steak, cut into ½" cubes
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Maggi Seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, garlic, shallots, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok and when it begins to slightly smoke, carefully toss in the beef mixture. Quickly stir-fry for 2–3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter and Maggi Seasoning. Remove to a plate and top with cilantro.