Vietnamese Stir-Fried Egg Noodles with Vegetables
This dish is hearty as is, but you can add cooked shredded chicken, shrimp, or thin sliced beef to this dish for some additional protein.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (8 oz.) dry Chinese egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles and cook for 2 minutes, drain well and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 10 seconds until fragrant, then add snow peas and stir-fry for 1 minuteuntil just tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the wok to the heat and add remaining oil. Add carrots, celery, and onion to the wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add noodles and snow peas to wok and toss. Add oyster sauce, fish sauce , sugar, and pepper and toss well to coat. Serve hot.