Village-Style Zucchini Fritters
You do not need to peel the zucchini, but you must peel the potato for use in this recipe.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium potato, shredded
- ½ medium white onion, peeled and minced
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. chopped mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- In large bowl, combine zucchini, potato, and onion.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Beat eggs well; add to mixing bowl along with mint, oregano, garlic, olive oil, bread crumbs, flour, salt, pepper, and baking soda. Mix well, until thick batter-like consistency is achieved.
- Using a large spoon, add portions of mixture to hot oil in small clumps, making sure to form them as small pancakes. Cook about 3–4 minutes on one side; carefully turn with small spatula or large fork and cook on other side and cook for another 3–4 minutes.
- Remove from pan when golden brown; set aside on paper towels to drain.