Vita-Rich Egg and Avocado Toast
Putting a new twist on a basic egg sandwich, this tasty breakfast is topped with avocados for extra nutrients and taste!
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 White Bread
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- Ground pepper
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- Thyme, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On rimmed baking sheet, arrange bread. Top each with 1 slice cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook eggs sunny-side up, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; continue cooking.
- Place eggs over cheese. Top with avocado wedges. Garnish with thyme.