Chewier than a classic brownie, these treats have a nutty surprise.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 Tbsp. butter, cut into 1⁄4-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the sides of an 8-inch baking pan with butter and flour. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over hot (not simmering) water, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk the eggs together. Gradually whisk in the sugar, salt, and vanilla. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Fold in the flour, just until lightly blended. Gently fold in the walnuts.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the brownies from the oven, and place them on a cooling rack for at least 1 hour before cutting.