Pesto is a generic term for anything made by pounding. Most people are familiar with traditional pesto, which is made with basil and pine nuts, but many prefer this variation with cilantro and walnuts.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup walnuts
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Chop the walnuts in a food processor or blender. Add the garlic and process to form a paste. Add the parsley; pulse into the walnut mixture.
- While the blender is running, drizzle in the oil until the mixture is smooth. Add lemon juice. Season with pepper.