These cookies are rich with flavor. Pecans, hickory nuts, macadamias, hazelnuts, and even pistachios can be substituted for the walnuts if you wish.
Makes: 30 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 30 cookies
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ oz. melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in chocolate, egg, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Blend in flour mixture and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake 8–10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing from sheets.